Published on November 25, 2020
How Information Is Collected on Style of Parenting
We may collect information, including personal data, directly from you if you choose to provide that information. For example, you may provide us with your name and contact information (such as an email address, or other details of that nature, when you comment on posts or sign up for our newsletters or participate in promotions on the Site.
We are not using cookies web beacons, and other similar technologies yet. But, our third-party partners may automatically collect certain information about your visit using tools such as cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies. The information collected automatically when you visit the Site may include your IP address, characteristics of your operating system, information about your browser and system settings, data about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Site, unique device identifiers.
Certain third-party apps, tools, widgets, and plug-ins that may appear on the Site (for example, Facebook “Like” buttons), also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information collection is subject to the privacy policies or notices of those providers.
How We May Use Information We Collect
We may use the information gathered on Style of Parenting for various purposes, including the purposes listed below. For example, if you were to contact us with a question and provide your email address, we would use the email address you provided to respond to your inquiry. Also, we use the information we collect from you and through the Site to:
- Provide products and services you request (such as when you sign up to receive our email newsletters);
- Respond to requests, questions, and comments, and provide other types of user support;
- To offer you, products and services via marketing communications, or direct you to portions of this Site or other websites, that we believe may interest you;
- To serve advertising, content and offers to you based on your interests and online activities, from us or third parties;
- Communicate about, and administer your participation in, events, programs, contests, and other offers or promotions;
- Carry out, evaluate, and improve our business (which may include developing new features for the Site; analyzing and enhancing the user experience on the Site; assessing the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising; and managing our communications);
- Guard against, identify, and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims, and other liabilities; and
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, law enforcement requests, and our company policies.
How We May Share Information
Our agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers may have access to the information we collect through the Site to carry out work on our behalf. Those parties are subject to confidentiality obligations and are restricted from using personal data collected through the Site for purposes other than to provide the requested assistance. Besides, we may share information:
- With third parties for marketing purposes, including social media networks, data management platforms, and other advertising technology providers;
- If we are required to do so by law, regulation, or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena);
- In response to requests from government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, including to meet national security requirements;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- To analytics and statistical information, to inform advertisers about the nature of our user base; and
- With your consent or at your discretion.
Data Retention and Access
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal data you provide against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. That said, it is not possible to guarantee the security of information transmitted online, and you assume some risk about the security of information you provide through any website, including this Site. If you have a data security inquiry, you may contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links From Style of Parenting to Other Websites
On this Site, we may provide links to other websites that are controlled by third parties. Linked websites may have their privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the content, usage terms, or privacy policies of websites that we do not own or control.
CCPA Privacy Rights
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that not sell the consumer’s personal data.
If you make a request, Style of Parenting will respond to you about the request within one month. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us via email@example.com.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your Data Protection Rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
· The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a reasonable fee for this service.
· The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
· The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
· The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
· The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
· The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you intended to exercise any of these rights, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Site is not designed or intended for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 16. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from a child under the age of 16, we will delete any such information.
How to Contact Us
If you have questions about this policy or/ about our privacy practices, you may contact us via email email@example.com